Wednesday, March 25, 2020

Wednesday work is here

3 D shapes all around
Good morning everyone! I hope you are continuing to practice identifying and naming 3 D shapes, which we began a few weeks ago. Here in my house I found cubes, cones, rectangular prisms, cylinders, spheres, and even a pyramid (I was surprised to find that!). Can you name each one in the picture?
Cone earrings?

The roof is a pyramid!
An eyeball sphere!

I've also been thinking about math- remember our doubles rap? (It's the doubles baby, let's go, let's go...). It is always helpful to have math facts memorized, and doubles facts can help so much. They even help in a doubles plus 1 problem. I have 2 sets of nesting dolls. They should each have 5 dolls but my cat took off with the tiniest one in the gold set. So now I have a set of 5 and a set of 4. I could use doubles when I say 4+4=8 so 4+5 = 9 dolls in all. 


5 dolls all accounted for
One is missing!
 Do you know 6 + 6, 7 + 7, 8 + 8, and 9 + 9? Practice them! 

I am sure you have all been getting outdoors- I've seen so many families out walking or on bikes and scooters. Look where our friend went one day!
Lovin' the beach - even in the cold!
Have fun exploring the links sent via email today. You will have the chance to do some How-To writing and even some drawing! I've noticed lots of you have been reading on Epic! and Freckle- good job! What hard workers you are!

Happy learning,
Mrs. Dagley